What is a LCD Controller Board?
A LCD Controller Board otherwise known as an A/D card is the processor which allows connection of different video source inputs to be selected and shown on a screen. Some controllers allow for remote control and monitoring to happen and many include features to allow screens to be configured as a video wall.
How do I know if it is the right LCD Controller Board?
The controller card needs to have onboard firmware which is specific to the LCD panel it is used with. Not all LCD screens are configured the same which is why there is this need and in general, the LVDS (low voltage differential signal) pins are different between LCD models and brands each has their own custom LVDS cable
However, if your focus is on the control of a High Resolution LCD Panel used in Commercial Digital Signage or Industrial Outdoor Digital Signage then you will require a more powerful, reliable and feature rich solution.
Features of a High Resolution LCD Panel Controller Board:
Ideally the product should allow or support
- Ultra-High Definition supporting up to 3840 x 2160 UHD resolutions
- Ability to Daisy Chain of displays for video wall applications
- Easy Configuration and access with a remote to on screen menus to allow for operating parameters and firmware updates
- Compliance with HDCP2.2, HDMI 2.0, Display Port V1.2a & RoHS
- Flexibility with various inputs and outputs including LCD Dimming and Fan Control
- IR remote lockout features to prevent unwanted system changes in the OSD
- Upscaling to UHD resolution
- Thermal control management such as heaters or fans activated based on temperature
- Pixel shift to prevent screen persistence
- Inbuilt on / off scheduling and logging on up time
About the MetroSpec Stirling LCD Controller Board
The Metrospec “Stirling” A/D controller includes all the features listed above and more. It is unparalleled in its feature-set and perfect for commercial and industrial LCD applications. The Stirling is already in use in applications for rail, defence and mining and is a rugged, reliable A/D solution for OEM screen manufacturers.