What are LCD Controller Boards?
LCD Controller Boards also known as A/D cards, control all the functions of an LCD. For example, they connect different video source inputs and show them on a screen. Additionally, you can control and monitor them remotely or configure them into a video wall.
With so many LCD Controller Boards out there, how do I know if I have the right LCD Controller Board?
First off, there is something very important to know about LCD Controller Boards. each controller card requires onboard firmware specific for its corresponding LCD panel. LCD screens require specific firmware because they are not all the same.
For example, LVDS (low voltage differential signal) pins are different between LCD models and brands. Each LVDS has its own custom LVDS cable.
Additionally, if your focus is on the control of a High-Resolution LCD Panel used in Commercial Digital Signage or Industrial Outdoor Digital Signage then you will require a more powerful, reliable and feature-rich solution.
Features of High-Resolution LCD Panel Controller Boards:
Ideally, the product should allow or support
- Ultra-High Definition supporting up to 3840 x 2160 UHD resolutions
- Ability to Daisy Chain of displays for video wall applications
- Easy Configuration and access with a remote to on-screen menus to allow for operating parameters and firmware updates
- Compliance with HDCP2.2, HDMI 2.0, Display Port V1.2a & RoHS
- Flexibility with various inputs and outputs including LCD Dimming and Fan Control
- IR remote lockout features to prevent unwanted system changes in the OSD
- Upscaling to UHD resolution
- Thermal control management such as heaters or fans activated based on temperature
- Pixel shift to prevent screen persistence
- Inbuilt on/off scheduling and logging on up time
About the MetroSpec Stirling LCD Controller Board
The Metrospec “Stirling” A/D controller includes all the features listed above and more. It is unparalleled in its feature-set and perfect for commercial and industrial LCD applications. The Stirling is already in use in applications for rail, defence and mining and is a rugged, reliable A/D solution for OEM screen manufacturers. please click here.